Plan of Requirements
- 6500-7000 sq. m.
- Address sustainable principles within your design
Functional needs (functionele wensen: wat moet het resultaat kunnen/doen)
- Attract neighborhood
- Become a landmark for the Science Park
- Create contrast with the surroundings
- Be visible from the highway and train (at least 15 meter high)
- Connect the science park with the Brain factory
- Provide parking space for the occupants of the Science Park
- Provide an urban space used for recreation purposes
- Allow *amount* of standard office startups to grow/thrive inside the building.
- Provide a healthy work environment in the building
- Sufficient lumen on the users work surface without direct sunlight
- Ergonomic workspaces suited for different body proportions
- Constant flow of fresh air
- Provide a variation of work setups to enhance productivity, collaboration and creativity. Also known as activity based office setup with variation in the following:
- Collaborative / Singular
- Group or ungrouped
- Private / public
- Sufficient visual stimuli to inspire the occupants
- All workspaces should have a visual connection with nature either inside or outside
- Provide positive incentives to improve networking within/near the building
- Provide a distributed program that allows users to share knowledge with each other.
- Distribute program effectively in the building to minimize the need for shading
- Provide everyday program that stimulates users (freelancers, artists, startups and students) to do their everyday activities in or near the building
- Eating program
- Sport/meditate program
- Party program
- Relaxing program
- Being close to nature
- How can architecture (incubator) positively influence startup survival rates?
- How to spatially promote collaboration between startups?
- How to spatially stimulate the user’s creativity and productivity?
- How to attract more knowledge to the incubator?
- How to spatially cope with the rapid growth of startups
- (Fascination) How to passively make the design more sustainable?